Join the growing team at Utility Pipeline, LTD!
Location: Canton, OH
Who We Are
Utility Pipeline Ltd. is a Natural Gas distribution management company. We operate and maintain Natural Gas service for several Utilities and Cooperatives throughout Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. UPL offers a full range of services in the natural gas industry including engineering, installing, maintaining, and operating natural gas distribution systems, all upheld to the highest standards in the industry.
Utility Pipeline Ltd. is searching for a Right-Of-Way Agent / Land & Sales Technician for our Canton, OH office who would primarily operate throughout Ohio and Western Pennsylvania. Most travel would not require overnight stay. This individual will coordinate with the new business, operations and mapping departments on new projects and ensure successful negotiation where private right-of-way and permits are needed. Experience in land work and with GIS software preferred, but willing to train. This is a full time position with benefits.
- Fill out and apply for any and all permits needed for new or existing projects
- Research landowner contact information and proactively engage in communication
- Develop and maintain working relationships with landowners
- Negotiate with landowners on terms of right of ways
- Make independent decisions within established parameters on how to best approach landowners and proceed with negotiations
- Acquire private right of way easements from landowners as needed for new and existing projects
- Keep journal entries of your acknowledgements.
- Work with the recorder offices to pull deeds of current landowners
- Work with local, state and federal agencies in order to acquire permits to lay pipelines in public right of ways and under roads
- Work with operations, new business and mapping to determine best route for upcoming projects and future growth.
- Serve as contact for contractors, landowner/customer, and engineering departments for questions or damage assessments on ongoing projects
- Research environmental impacts on ODNR or state owned land as needed
- Coordinate pre-construction meetings as needed
- Serve as point-of-contact for District Managers and field personnel for operations’ needs
- Provide land acquisition and relocation services per project guidelines and regulations
- Work in outdoor environments while at job sites and exploring options for potential job routes
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, land management, real estate, construction management, GIS, or related field
- Experience: 1+ years of related experience with right-of-ways or as Landman preferred but not required
- Valid and clean driver’s license
- Currently a notary or is willing to become a notary
- Must be flexible and willing to travel to meet with land owners, outside entities, clients or vendors at their convenience
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Manage deadlines and prioritizes effectively
- Approachable and comfortable interacting with all types of people
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Organization and Time Management
- Problem solving
- Able to read, understand, and interpret department related documents and data
Benefits our Employees Love
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Company matched 401K
- Company cellphone
- Company vehicle
- Life Insurance (free of cost to employees)
- Begin earning PTO immediately
- Paid time off for your birthday
- Healthcare FSA and Dependent Care FSA with company contributions
- Supplemental insurance policies with company contribution
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- And more!
For more information call 330-498-9130 Ext 301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Utility Pipeline Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or military or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, Utility Pipeline Ltd. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non‑discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Utility Pipeline Ltd. also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Download a PDF of Job Description