Join the growing team at Utility Pipeline, LTD!
Mid-Level Staff Accountant
Location: Canton, OH
Who We Are
Utility Pipeline Ltd. is a Natural Gas distribution management company. We operate and maintain Natural Gas service for several Utilities and Cooperatives throughout Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. UPL offers a full range of services in the natural gas industry including engineering, installing, maintaining, and operating natural gas distribution systems, all upheld to the highest standards in the industry.
Utility Pipeline is seeking a Staff Accountant for our Canton, OH office. This is a mid-level accounting position. This motivated individual will prepare and analyze financial reports and records and provide support to the Controller and Accounting Manager. This is a full time position with benefits.
- Prepares monthly financial statements
- Prepares monthly journal entries and allocations
- Assists with general ledger account reconciliation
- Assists with month and year-end closing schedules
- Assists with CAT, excise, gross receipts, real estate, and other local tax reporting
- Meets corporate monthly closing deadlines
- Assists with fixed asset record maintenance
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts monthly and prepares workpapers to support those balances
- Researches items requested by senior financial or operations management
- Handles miscellaneous accounting tasks
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a related field
- Experience: 3-5 years of related experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply accounting theory
- Accuracy and detail oriented
- Strong analytical ability
- Time management
- Strong PC and Microsoft Office skills (Advanced Excel; Experience with accounting software)
Benefits our Employees Love
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Company matched 401K
- Life Insurance (free of cost to employees)
- Begin earning PTO immediately
- Paid time off for your birthday
- Healthcare FSA and Dependent Care FSA with company contributions
- Supplemental Insurance policies with company contribution
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relaxed dress code
- And more!
For more information call 330-498-9130 Ext 301 or email [email protected].