Join the growing team at Utility Pipeline, LTD!
GIS/Land Administrative Assistant
Location: Canton, OH
Who We Are
Utility Pipeline Ltd. is a Natural Gas distribution management company. We operate and maintain Natural Gas service for several Utilities and Cooperatives throughout Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. UPL offers a full range of services in the natural gas industry including engineering, installing, maintaining, and operating natural gas distribution systems, all upheld to the highest standards in the industry.
Utility Pipeline Ltd. is searching for a GIS/Land Administrative Assistant for our Canton, OH office. This individual will assist the Right-of-Way Technician with paperwork, organization, and filing for new projects where private right-of-way and permits are needed and assist the GIS department with updating databases. Experience with GIS software preferred, but willing to train. This is a full time position with benefits.
- Create maps and update GIS databases as needed
- Coordinate with the Land Department to assist with research for permits and right of ways
- Request checks for permits and right of ways
- Record, file, and send right-of-ways to landowners
- Update and upload documents and notes to the CRM
- Send out approved permits and signed/recorded right-of-ways to District Managers, Field Personnel, Subcontractors, etc.
- Serve as contact for engineering departments regarding questions on paperwork, payments, and applying for permits
- Work with the recorder offices to pull deeds of current landowners
- Research environmental impacts on ODNR or state owned land
- Bring and file proper paperwork and/or checklists for pre-construction meetings
- Assist with updating/informing New Business on changes made to existing project routes
- Work with Operations, New Business & Mapping departments to determine best route for future growth
- Research existing right of ways
- Organize and file approved permits, right of ways, and as-built paperwork
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, GIS, or a related field
- Experience: Admin or GIS experience preferred, but not required.
- Being a notary helpful but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Data entry
- General GIS
- Problem solving
- Management of personnel resources
- Active listening
Benefits our Employees Love
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Company matched 401K
- Life Insurance (free of cost to employees)
- Begin earning PTO immediately
- Paid time off for your birthday
- Healthcare FSA and Dependent Care FSA with company contributions
- Supplemental insurance policies with company contribution
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- And more!
For more information call 330-498-9130 Ext 301 or email email@example.com
Utility Pipeline Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or military or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, Utility Pipeline Ltd. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non‑discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Utility Pipeline Ltd. also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Download a PDF of Job Description